Each week after Monday Night game(s) has concluded, I’ll publish my list of NFL power rankings. Here is the pecking order for Week 9.
1) Green Bay Packers – Rodgers in a shootout.
2) San Francisco 49ers – Nice road win in DC.
3) Detroit Lions – A week off to contemplate Da Bears.
4) Baltimore Ravens – Big road win against rival Steelers.
5) Chicago Bears – Nice road win in Philly.
6) New York Giants – Eli came, and he beat Tommy Boy in NE.
7) New York Jets – Jets upset the surprising bills.
8) Houston Texans – Arian Foster + D = BIG win.
9) Pittsburgh Steelers – Lost a tight one against the Ravens.
10) Cincinnati Bengals – Exciting road win for the stripes.
Read the rest of the power rankings after the jump …
11) Atlanta Falcons – Colts make everyone look good, but Falcons have won last three road games.
12) New Orleans Saints – Saints took care of division rival Bucs.
13) Buffalo Bills – Couldn’t muster much offense against the J-E-T-S … D.
14) New England Patriots – Pats drew the wrong Manning this time around.
15) San Diego Chargers – Furious comeback lands just short.
16) Philadelphia Eagles – Philly just isn’t consistent.
17) Dallas Cowboys – Cowboys back to .500.
18) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Bucs’ chance for division title slipping fast.
19) Tennessee Titans – Long road to the playoffs now.
20) Oakland Raiders – Lots of Carson Palmer, too little D.
21) Washington Redskins – Season starting to slip away.
22) Kansas City Chiefs – Chiefs will live in infamy after collapse against Dolphins.
23) Minnesota Vikings – Vikes get a bye to prepare for the defending champions.
24) Carolina Panthers – Cam Newton and the Panthers get a week to think.
25) Jacksonville Jaguars – A bye to heal those wounds inflicted by the Texans.
26) Cleveland Browns – No chance against the Texans in Houston.
27) Arizona Cardinals – Cardinals won the latest battle of the putrids (Rams).
28) Denver Broncos – Tebow bad, but Broncos win.
29) Miami Dolphins – Dolphins have been knocking at the door, and they busted it down against the Chiefs.
30) St. Louis Rams – Rams follow up win over Saints with loss to Cardinals. Go figure!
31) Seattle Seahawks – Marshawn Lynch had nice game in loss at Dallas.
32) Indianapolis Colts – The Colts are now officially the NFL’s worst team.