Each week after Monday Night game(s) has concluded, I’ll publish my list of NFL power rankings. Here is the pecking order for Week 8.
1) Green Bay Packers – The champs got a breather.
2) San Francisco 49ers – Frank Gore powers another win.
3) Pittsburgh Steelers – Steelers starting to look pretty good..
4) Detroit Lions – A trip to Denver healed the Lions.
5) Chicago Bears – Bye, Bears.
6) New York Giants – Nearly lost to the winless Dolphins.
7) Baltimore Ravens – Never a good sign when you have to rally, at home, to beat the Cardinals.
8) New York Jets – What kind of team will emerge after the bye?
9) Houston Texans – Arian Foster appears to be all the way back.
1o) Buffalo Bills – Bills dominated the Redskins in Super Bowl XXVI rematch.
Read the rest of the power rankings after the jump …
11) Atlanta Falcons – Big win in Detroit followed by a little bye.
12) New Orleans Saints – Did they really lose to the Rams??
13) Philadelphia Eagles – Philly treated fans to a jump back into contention.
14) New England Patriots – If the Patriots can’t score, they’re done.
15) Cincinnati Bengals – Bengals crushed the Seahawks in Seattle.
16) Tennessee Titans – Nice rebound against stinky Horses.
17) Oakland Raiders – Carson Palmer got a bye week to rest and study.
18) Kansas City Chiefs – Chiefs look like they’re all the way back from a slow start.
19) San Diego Chargers – You just never know about these AFC West rivalry games.
20) Dallas Cowboys – Cowboys got TP’ed in Philly.
21) Washington Redskins – Smoked in blustery Buffalo.
22) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Bucs buy a bye.
23) Minnesota Vikings – Nice road win against Cam Newton and the Panthers.
24) Carolina Panthers – Panthers still have a ways to go to be decent.
25) Jacksonville Jaguars – No upset this week; Jags lose in Houston.
26) Cleveland Browns – No chance against the Niners in San Fran.
27) St. Louis Rams – Victory over Saints proves that this NFL season makes no sense.
28) Denver Broncos – Tebow has hashmarks all over his body, not just in his shorts.
29) Seattle Seahawks – Big home loss to Cincy.
30) Arizona Cardinals – Cardinals have lost six in a row, but nearly clipped the Ravens.
31) Miami Dolphins – Played a really solid game against the Giants, but came up just short.
32) Indianapolis Colts – The Colts can lose however you like them to.