Each week after Monday Night game(s) has concluded, I’ll publish my list of NFL power rankings. Here is the pecking order for Week 6.
1) Green Bay Packers – Pack just keeps rolling.
2) Baltimore Ravens – Ravens beat up on the vaunted Texans defense.
3) San Francisco 49ers – Harbaugh and his team will fight any opponent, including the Lions.
4) New England Patriots – The Pats, who squeaked by the Cowboys, aren’t juggernauts.
5) Detroit Lions – At least they won’t have to decide whether to play their regulars to maintain a perfect season.
6) Pittsburgh Steelers – Steelers beat the Jags at home, but not convincingly.
7) Chicago Bears – If only they could play the Vikings every week!
8) New York Giants – Managed to hold off a decent Bills team at home.
9) New Orleans Saints – Tough losses to division rivals can upset playoff chances.
10) New York Jets – Killed the Dolphins, but everyone does that.
Read the rest of the power rankings after the jump …
11) Oakland Raiders – Carson Palmer is not perfect, but he may be good enough to get the Raiders to the playoffs.
12) San Diego Chargers – The Chargers are 4-1, but it’s that record is pretty soft.
13) Houston Texans – Are the Texans starting their yearly slide?
14) Washington Redskins – Maybe they’re not that great, after all.
15) Dallas Cowboys – Tony Romo couldn’t get loose even against the Patriots.
16) Buffalo Bills – Bills couldn’t quite bring down the Giants on the road.
17) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Looks like the Bucs will be a problem for teams all year.
18) Atlanta Falcons – Falcons got pretty well against the Panthers.
19) Philadelphia Eagles – This was a big win for the stumbling Eagles in Washington.
20) Cincinnati Bengals – Carson who?
21) Tennessee Titans – Much-needed rest for Titans.
22) Carolina Panthers – Cam Newton continues to play pretty well but can’t do it all by himself.
23) Cleveland Browns – Starting to fade, but that was expected.
24) Kansas City Chiefs – -After bye, which Chiefs team will show up?
25) Denver Broncos – Tebow is the answer, right?
26) Seattle Seahawks – Lots of bad byes this week.
27) Jacksonville Jaguars – Made a late run at the Steelers but fell short.
28) Arizona Cardinals – Cardinals losing streak ends … with bye.
29) Minnesota Vikings – Adrian Peterson sat this one out … 39 yards!
30) St. Louis Rams – Wasn’t that what we expected from the Rams in Green Bay?
31) Indianapolis Colts – Losing to the Bengals always sucks, even if it’s for Luck.
32) Miami Dolphins – Very ugly team who might steal Andrew Luck from the Colts.