While the rest of us were busy basking in the renewed glow of Dan Orlovksy, the Colts were busy preparing for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Just, you know, without actually practicing. In fact, Indy was partying like the lockout was just lifted!
- The Colts placed safety Melvin Bullitt on the Injured Reserve list, thanks to a shoulder injury. Obviously, he is gone for the season.
- LB Gary Brackett joined Bullitt on the IR. Guess we don’t need to worry about that brewing MLB controversy, and Pat Angerer can stop looking over his shoulder.
- The Colts also signed former Patriots LB A.J. Edds.
- The Colts cut QB Mike Hartline from the practice squad.
- LB Caleb Campbell was also waived from the practice squad.
- Conversely, WR Jeremy Ross and OL Matt Murphy were added to the practice squad.
- CB Justin Tryon was waived.
- The Colts signed S Jermale Hines, who was drafted by the Rams this spring.
- Late in the day, there was apparently a run on 2012 calendars in several Indianapolis book stores.
In other news, former Colts safety Bob Sanders was put on the IR by the San Diego Chargers. And night followed day.