Camping With The Colts, Day 7
By Editorial Staff
Dude! Day 7 was Sunday! Everyone knows that the NFL doesn’t work on Sunday.
Oh, that’s not quite right, is it? Well, the COLTS don’t work on Sunday, at least not during training camp. So just call them team “Count On Lounging This Sunday” and get ready for some more action tomorrow. For now, let’s recap what happened with the team this week.
- Curtis Painter led the offense all week while Peyton Manning continued to neck his nurse. Or something like that.
- Anthony Castonzo held out, and then he didn’t, and then he got whipped around by Dwight Freeney. Castonzo’s a Colt now, though, and we’re all thrilled that he’s in the fold.
- The Colts signed three free agents that could actually see significant playing time on defense: DT Tommie Harris, LB Ernie Sims, and DE Jamaal Anderson.
- On Thursday, Fili Moala was sentenced to probation, Jeff Saturday and Dwight Freeney missed practice and Chad Spann turned 23. AND the players ratified the new CBA.
- On Friday, all of the new and returning FAs practiced for the first time, and so did Saturday.
- On Saturday, the defense beat the offense in the Blue v. White scrimmage, but Painter looked pretty solid. So did the hits that Sims dished out.
On Sunday … Go Colts!