The last post was the first in a while and for that I’m sorry. In short, it’s been a busy couple weeks. But as much as I’m looking forward to football – and I’m really, really looking forward to it – there are some other things i’m looking forward to as well. It’s shaping up to be a busy summer and here’s the some of the things I’m most excited about – non football related.
1. Going white water rafting this weekend in West Virginia. Here’s the story …
It’s one of my best friends bachelor party and he wanted to go rafting, so rafting we shall go. It’s a revisit of a trip we went on right after high school. My dad took me and my two best friends, along with their dads, rafting as a graduation present. It was a blast, and now seven years later we give it another go. A good time should be had by all. And if you’ve never been white water rafting, I highly recommend it.
2. Getting married. August 1st is the day and I can’t wait for it to be here. I love my fiance, but I also just really want all this planning to be over, it’s getting to be a bit much.
3. My honeymoon in St. Lucia
4. Going to Wrigley Field – my fiance has never been, so we’re planning a visit
5. Watching Johnny Depp and Christian Bale in Public Enemies
6. Going on a random road trip somewhere; New York, Wisconsin, Baltimore, I don’t care, just anywhere but Dayton, OH … anywhere but that place
7. Seeing if Milton Bradley is actually going to be worth any part of his huge contract
8. Going to see The Hangover – again
9. Watching all the episodes of The Office I have on DVR
10. The G.I.Joe Movie.
Besides getting married, this is easily the thing I am most excited about and most looking forward to. No, like I don’t think you understand me – I love G.I.Joe’s. I played with them when I was a young, young child (like most boys in the 80’s), but my love did not dissipate as I grew older. All through middle school and high school, I loved The Real American Hero. I had the action figures, the vehicles, the lunchboxes, the cards, the games and etc, etc. At some point I started collecting this seriously and still do to some degree. The passion has waned since I have grown into an adult, but it’s still there and (despite the terrible reviews) I’m freaking pumped for the movie. I’ve been waiting for it nearly my entire life and now my wait is nearly over.
There it is, the top 10 things I’m looking forward to this summer – non football related. So now you know, and knowing is half the battle.