Week 1 of the NFL season didn't go as well for the Indianapolis Colts as they would have liked, falling to the Jaguars in their debut game.
But, things will get interesting in Week 2 as Anthony Richardson and the Colts are set to take on CJ Stroud and the Houston Texans in a battle between two rookie quarterbacks.
I'm going to break down my best bet for the game, but if you want my picks for the other 15 Week 2 games, check out the latest edition of the "Road to 272 Bets".
Also, if you're going to place a few wagers on this week's action, you should make sure you sign up at Caesars Sportsbook. For a limited time, you'll receive $250 in bonus bets guaranteed when you place your first $50 bet. Just click the link below to take advantage of this top tier offer!
Now, let's dive into the game.
Colts vs. Texans odds, spread, and total
Colts vs. Texans betting trends
- Colts are 1-6 ATS in their last seven games
- The OVER is 6-1 in the Colts' last seven games
- Colts are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games against the Texans
- The UNDER is 5-0 the last five times the Colts have played in Houston
- Colts are 1-7 ATS in their last eight games against AFC South opponents
- The UNDER is 7-3 in the Texans' last 10 games
- The UNDER is 6-1 in the last seven meetings between these two teams
Colts vs. Texans injury reports
Indianapolis Colts injury report
- Evan Hull - RB - IR (Knee)
- Zack Moss - RB - Questionable
- Drew Ogletree - TE - Questionable (Concussion)
- JuJu Brents - CB - Questionable (Personal)
- Jonathan Taylor - RB - Out (ankle)
Houston Texans injury report
- Hassan Ridgeway - DT - IR
- Noah Brown - WR - Questionable
- Jimmie Ward - S - Questionable
- John Metchie III - WR - Questionable
- Dare Ogunbowale - RB - Questionable
- Blake Cashman - LB - Questionable
- Jalen Pitre - S - Questionable (chest)
- George Fant - OT - Questionable (shoulder)
Indianapolis Colts vs. Houston Texans how to watch
- Date: Sunday, Sept. 17
- Game Time: 1:00p.m. EST
- Venue: FOX
- How to Watch (TV): FOX
- Indianapolis Colts Record: 0-1
- Houston Texans Record: 0-1
Colts vs. Texans key players to watch
Anthony Richardson: The story of the game will be the battle between two quarterbacks who were selected inside the top five of this year's draft. Richardson's NFL debut ended in a loss, but he had some solid moments, throwing for 223 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. He also carried the ball 10 times for 40 years, but will need to do a better job of protecting himself in the future.
Michael Pittman: The Colts wide receiver reminded everyone that he's a true No. 1 guy, hauling in 8-of-11 targets for 97 yards and a touchdown. He and Richardson clearly already have a connection, and I expect Pittman's stock to continue to rise as the season goes on.
CJ Stroud: The Texans didn't try to ease CJ Stroud into his NFL career. He threw 44 times against the Baltimore Ravens in Week 1, completing 28 attempts for 242 yards. He's still seeking his first touchdown pass, as the Texans failed to find the end zone last week.
Colts vs. Texans prediction and pick
Neither offense looked great in Week 1, but I think we're going to see both of them put up some points in Week 2. They both had tough matchups in the opening week and will now be facing much inferior defenses on Sunday.
The first starts by both rookie quarterbacks weren't fantastic, but they weren't bad either. Now, with a game under their belt, I expect strong performances by both of them and I wouldn't be shocked to see a bit of a QB duel.
Let's sit back and root for points in this Week 2 AFC South showdown.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!