The Indianapolis Colts and Jacksonville Jaguars will face-off in the first rematch of the 2023 season. The Jaguars got the better of the Colts in their Week 1 matchup, beating them by a final score of 31-21.
Now, they'll face-off in Jacksonville in Week 6 but it'll be a different quarterback under center for Indianapolis as Anthony Richardson is sidelined with an injury. Gardner Minshew will now get a chance to get revenge on his former team.
The winner of this game will take over sole possession of first place in the AFC South.
Check out this week's episode of the "Road to 272 Bets" to find out my best bet for all 15 NFL Week 6 games.
If you want to get in on the action this week, be sure to do it at BetMGM Sportsbook. For a limited time, new users will receive up to $1,500 paid back in bonus bet if their first bet loses! Just click the link below to sign up for an account to take advantage of this offer.
Colts vs. Jaguars odds, spread, and total
Colts vs. Jaguars betting trends
- The OVER is 8-3 in the Colts' last 11 games
- Colts are 1-7 against the spread in their last eight games vs. Jaguars
- Colts are 0-7 ATS in their last seven games played in Jacksonville
- Colts are 5-12 ATS in their last 17 games vs. AFC South opponents
- Jaguars are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games
- The UNDER is 7-3 in the Jaguars' last 10 games
- Jaguars are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games against AFC opponents
Colts vs. Jaguars injury reports
Indianapolis Colts injury report
- Mo Alie-Cox - TE - Questionable
- Shaquille Leonard - LB - Questionable
- Kwity Paye - DE - Questionable
- Bernhard Raimann - OT - Questionable
- Anthony Richardson - QB - Injured Reserve
Jacksonville Jaguars injury report
- Walker Little - OT - Questionable
- Cam Robinson - OT - Questionable
- Christian Braswell - CB - Questionable
- Devin Lloyd - LB - Questionable
- Zay Jones - WR - Questionable
Colts vs. Jaguars how to watch
- Date: Sunday, Oct. 15
- Game Time: 1:00 p.m. EST
- Venue: EverBank Stadium
- How to Watch (TV): CBS
- Indianapolis Colts Record: 3-2
- Jacksonville Jaguars Record: 3-2
Colts vs. Jaguars key players to watch
Gardner Minshew: This is now Garnder Minshew's team with Anthony Richardson sidelined, and he immediately gets a chance to play against his former team, the Jaguars. While Richardson is the better answer for the Colts long term, I actually think Minshew gives them a better chance to win in the short term. We'll see if he can live up to my expectations this week.
Trevor Lawrence: Despite being 3-2, the Jaguars have had some issues on offense and a lot of them come down to the play of their quarterback. Lawrence is completing 67.2% of passes and has thrown two interceptions on the year. He's playing fine football, but not the as well as he needs to play to take this team to the next level.
Colts vs. Jaguars prediction and pick
We need to pump the brakes on the Jaguars. They enter this week ranking 26th in the NFL in Net Yards per Play, well below the Colts who come in at 22nd. Indy also outranks Jacksonville in EPA/play on offense.
Yes, they got the better of the Colts in Week 1, but that game was closer than the final score indicated and they have looked much better in the four games since that Week 1 meeting.
Can the Colts win this game outright? Maybe, but we're talking spread here. With the number set at over a field goal, I think the bet to make is on Indianapolis getting the points.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!